Whether you like it or not: China is a huge market for cell phones. Unfortunately, getting statistics on the market is somewhat difficult – which is why having China Mobile talk on 3G handset sales is especially interesting.
Marbridge Daily claims the following distribution:
8% of procured handsets run Windows Mobile, 16% use the Symbian mobile OS, and 4% use Apple’s iPhone OS, while the rest operate either BREW or the manufacturer’s self-owned OS.
So much for the death of Symbian and the dominance of iPhone / BlackBerry…
Image: Wikimedia commons / Edzhgz
- CCID on Chinese mobile phones
- BlackBerry Storm hits China Telecom
- China opens itself to advanced 3G technologies
- China censors video sharing sites
- RIM will open “App World China” for BlackBerry