Remember about the BBM Social Platform we told you earlier that had some glitches? Well it stand treated of its ailments and released in public beta.
According to BlackBerry devblog:
Today, the BBM Social Platform officially moves into public beta. BlackBerry platform developers can now start adding social Super App features to their applications, leveraging all the power that the BBM Social Platform has to offer!
With this beta release, developers have the ability to accomplish the following:
- access and update fields in the user’s profile such as status, avatar and personal message;
- create their own custom areas within the user’s profile for promoting recent application activity or
- storing trophies and achievements;
- initiate and embed chats with friends;
- initiate application-to-application background communication through BBM for sending and
- receiving application instructions, such as moves in a game or any other application state changes;
- initiate file transfers;
- the ability to share applications virally with friends in their contact list.
The other goodies included in this beta are special simulators for BlackBerry OS 5.0 and 6.0 that allow for simulation of BBM communication between two instances of the simulator. How does this help? Developers can now test the exact workflow and BBM integration that they expect to see on live devices.
While the current version is for Java developers only, the Webworks developers might expect a “shipment” sometime this April, having all the APIs tailored for them which the Java developers have currently access to.
So head over to the BBM Social Platform to know more.