On public demand, RIM has made a number of changes to its BlackBerry Beta Zone website, which enables users to test Blackberry apps before they are available more widely.
The user interface has been tweaked to make it more engaging and quicker for users to find what they want. It also has more interactive elements, according to the Inside BlackBerry blog.
The division between business and consumer technology has been more clearly defined, with separate URLs for BlackBerry Beta Zone and BlackBerry Beta Zone for Business.
A new blog-like newsfeed has been added to provide the latest site news and allow users to take part in conversations. Polls and surveys will also be posted on the site, to provide more opportunities to feedback on apps.
There is also an updated mobile version of the Beta Zone site, with a mobile-friendly layout, simplified download process, and additional features to improve the mobile beta testing experience.
The changes are based on more than 3,000 responses from the Beta Zone community, and more updates are said to be in the pipeline.
- BlackBerry App World 2.1 beta now available in the BlackBerry Beta Zone
- BlackBerry Messenger 6.0 now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone
- BlackBerry Traffic 3.0 now available in Beta Zone, voice guidance and more goodies in store
- PSA: Samsung unifies TV developer site, announces planned outage
- Beta version of Blackberry Playbook OS 18.104.22.1680 now available for developers